Volunteer at WordCamp and get in for free!
Our volunteers make WordCamp possible, so we decided to offer free entry to any volunteer who gives 4 hours or more.
The volunteer tasks are:
- General Assistance – (assist participants finding facilities and locations, answer general questions)
- Outdoor Directions – (direct lost looking participants to the registration desk or speaker rooms)
- Registration Desk – (register participants and offer general help and assistance)
- Advance Setup on Friday
- Cleanup on Saturday/Sunday Afternoon
- Room Volunteer – assist the speaker and attendees as necessary and oversee the room during the presentation
- Video – potentially record the presentations
- Translation into sign language
- Mobility helper
The Happiness Bar is a special activity at WordCamp where WordPress experts offer help and advice to WordCamp attendees. It’s a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people and show them how much you know (maybe they’ll hire you!).
Happiness Bar volunteers do not get free admission because it’s a fun and rewarding activity on its own. Please sign up using the normal volunteer application form, just make sure you check the “Happiness Bar” box. (Regular volunteers are also encouraged to help at the Happiness Bar!)